Crossing Culver Junction - 1950
Constructed in 1907 for Los Angeles Pacific's never realized 4th St Subway the 950 class cars were built heavy and intended for sustained running. Instead they were used on the mainly stop and go Venice Short Line. With their distinctive three window fronts they stood out from the usual five window windshields of most PE wooden cars.
On August 4, 1950 Andy Payne, an early convert to Kodak Kodachrome slide film, set up on the Venice Short Line at Culver Jct to catch car 955 leading this three car train headed for Venice, Ocean Park and Santa Monica.
Photo by Andy Payne from the OERM Archives.